Thank you to everyone who stopped by my website this past month to read about LGBT YA during my YA Pride theme month. I have to give a special thanks to the writers who wrote guest posts for me, and the authors who agreed to be interviewed. A lot of work went into this month, and it wasn’t only on my part. I really appreciated everyone’s contributions. Winners
If you entered the Giant YA Pride 2013 Giveaway, winners have now been selected and notified by email. So check your in boxes to see if you won so that we can send you your books!
I’ve learned that I missed one 2013 LGBT YA book in my post on 2013 LGBT YA by the Numbers: Replica by Jenna Black (Tor Teen), a sci-fi novel featuring two protagonists, one of whom is gay. I’ve noted this omission in the original post.
Index to YA Pride 2013
The following is an index of all the posts in this year’s YA Pride month; posts are written by me unless otherwise noted:
- Write the Book You Want to Read by Audrey Coulthurst
- An Introduction to LGBT Young Adult Fiction in the United Kingdom by Erica Gillingham
- Bisexuality in the Pretty Little Liars Novels by Rose Yndigoyen
- Len Barot — president and founder of Bold Strokes Books, an independent LGBT publisher
- Sarah Diemer — author of The Dark Wife and Twixt
- Sara Farizan — author of If You Could Be Mine, interviewed by author E.M. Kokie (Personal Effects)
- Brent Hartinger — author of Geography Club and The Elephant of Surprise
- Laura Lam — author of Pantomime
- David Levithan — author of Two Boys Kissing and Boy Meets Boy
- Sarah Rees Brennan — co-author of The Bane Chronicles with Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson, author of Untold (The Lynburn Legacy)