Feb 28, 2011
More HUNTRESS, a Twitter giveaway, and a starred review!
Two weeks ago, I also mentioned that I would be giving away some ARCs of Huntress on Twitter. Well, now it’s just over one month before Huntress officially hits store shelves, so I’d better get on that. I can assure you that this week will be the week! I will be giving away four ARCs of Huntress on Twitter this week, starting tomorrow.
Here’s how it will work:
- You probably should follow me on Twitter. If you’re not already on Twitter, it’s really easy (and free!) and then you can chat with all sorts of people all day long, thus procrastinating like a pro.
- Shortly before I give away an ARC, I will tweet about it to remind you. I’ll also update my status on Facebook, so if you’re on FB, you’ll get a tip there, too.
- Then, when I’m ready, I will say something like “I’m giving away an ARC of HUNTRESS now! If you want to win it, @ reply me within 5 minutes!”
- After 5 minutes I will randomly select a winner from my @ replies.
- The winner will be required to email me their mailing address.
- I will mail out the ARCs at the end of the week.
I’m planning to give away one ARC per day, beginning tomorrow, through the end of the week. I will ship up to two copies overseas. That’s it! Any questions? Leave them in the comments below.
Last but not least, I woke up this morning to learn that Huntress has received a starred review from Publishers Weekly. SO EXCITED AND THRILLED!!! Here’s an excerpt (no spoilers here, but some in the full review):
Lo’s storytelling and prose are masterful, and her protagonists will fascinate … . As with Ash, Lo’s characters are emotionally reserved, which makes the unfolding of romance between Kaede and Taisin all the more satisfying. Fans of Garth Nix’s Abhorsen trilogy will love this.
Let me tell you, I want to start every week like today. And now I’m off to write …